Monday, May 13, 2013

Life As We Know It

Well considering the last time I posted anything was 2008, a LOT has changed in our lives!! To try and help myself journal out some of our most recent exciting events I'm going to blow this blog up with multiple posts ;)  

Let's start out with our most exciting addition to our lives... Brylee Anne :)  

Due to me being in Dental Hygiene School over the past two years Mike and I had decided to postpone starting our family until I graduated.  Well a year ago I had finished my first year of school, we were preparing to move in with Mike's parents and decided to take a break from the craziness of life and celebrate my birthday by going and spending some fun time with our friends Kenzie and Shane at their family cabin.  Kenzie and Shane were about 8-10 weeks pregnant and we were soo excited for them!!  That part of our hearts once again was reminded of how much we desired to have a family, but we had a plan and we were ok holding off.


We enjoyed the most relaxing few days we had had in awhile and ate the yummiest BBQ on my birthday.  You might be wondering where I'm going with this....well...let's skip forward about three weeks then...to a morning in June where I was in TOTAL denial as I took a pregnancy test at about 4:30 in the morning.  I was even more in denial when I checked that test about 10 minutes later and realized I was pregnant!!!  


Mike and I looked at each other with excitement, surprise and a little bit of worry.  Don't get me wrong, we couldn't have been happier!!  But then I instantly thought about school and when I might be due, how hard it would be and oh yeah the fact that I would be taking FIVE board around the time I would be having a new baby!  Could I really do this? Was this really happening??  We finally decided to tell our parents we were pregnant on July 1st.  We were about to move in with Mike's parents and thought they might think something was up when they realized I was incredibly nauseous and throwing up constantly and I really wanted to be able to talk to my mom about all that i was experiencing.  Considering we had been married 4 years and weren't trying to get pregnant our parents were all VERY surprised and VERY excited!! :)

I finally went to the doctor for the first time on August 1st (13 weeks pregnant) and not only did we receive confirmation that we were pregnant (like we had any doubts by then haha) we were also able to hear our sweet baby's heartbeat!  That was the most incredible experience of my life up to that point (it's only gotten better since).  As the weeks went by we were able to experience our baby grow and finally we found out we would be blessed with a BABY GIRL due on VALENTINE'S DAY!!  


Let's jump forward to February 13th now :)  I got home from school feeling very tired and very pregnant...I was having contractions consistently every 10 minutes for an hour but by ten o'clock they subsided and I begrudgingly went to bed to get some rest before school the next day.  At midnight I woke up having stronger contractions but couldn't tell how consistent they were because my belly seemed to just stay tight! Mike was out of it haha so I went to my mom (who was staying with us to help with the baby for six weeks) and asked her to help me figure out my contractions.  After calling Labor and Delivery and having contractions every 2-4 minutes, we finally decided to get ready and head to the hospital.  We arrived at the hospital at about 5:30am and I went to be checked.  After having one contraction that lasted for SIX MINUTES (NOT FUN) Brylee's heartrate dropped too low and I was admitted.  We figured we would have a fast delivery, but I stopped progressing and Brylees little heartrate kept dropping with each contraction.  At about 1:50pm my DR. came in and informed me he felt a c-section was needed to get the baby out safe and sound.  We agreed and everything went soo fast! Brylee was born by 2:10.  A beautiful healthy 6 pound 15 ounce, 19.5 inch baby girl born to us on Valentine's Day :)










Our lives were instantly changed as we knew them to be and it could not have been more for the better!  Brylee is absolutely EVERYTHING to us and could not be more PERFECT!!  We love this sweet baby girl soo much!  The timing was not at all what we expected it to be, but Heavenly Father has a plan and everything works out the way it should, we wouldn't have changed anything!!

Gramps and Grammy D
Great-Mimi
Great-Popsie
Uncle Brad
Aunt Michele (and cousin Kayden still in her tummy)
Mimi

My dad and sister Jamie were able to come out just for the weekend and meet our sweet baby girl.  It was soo hard when they left, but I am sooo glad they were able to meet her right after she was born!!

Grandpa
Auntie Jamie

Ready to go Home

Here we gooo!!
(Since Brylee turns three months tomorrow more posts to come on her)


1 comment:

Shane and Kenzie said...

So so happy that you are back to blogging! That sweet Brylee is such a blessing and we feel so lucky to be a small part of her life.